Deciding the type of pellet grill to buy is a tricky activity that people should be aware about. This is because in the market, there are plenty of pellet grills which can make it difficult for a person to choose an ideal item. The best pellet grill comes as a wonderful investment for everyone. Ideal pellet grills will give anything that is being grilled an authentic and smoky flavor. Such items are also convenient because it enables a person to carry out the grilling any time – because the grill is available.
Table of Contents
- What makes the best grill?
- 1. Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 Pellet Grill
- 2. Memphis Grills Pro 28-inch Pellet Grill On Cart
- 3. Green Mountain Grill DBWF Daniel Boone Pellet Grill – Wifi Enabled
- 4. Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
- 5. Big Green Egg Medium Mate
- 6. Primo 778 Extra-Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Smoker Grill
- 7. Char-Broil CB940X 08301390-26 Charcoal Grill
- 8. Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Built-In Grill
- 9. Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill
- 10. Traeger TFT17LLA PTG+ Wood Pellet Grill, Black (15-Inch)
What makes the best grill?
There are a couple of factors that distinguishes the best grills from other brands in the market. Ideally, the following features make up the perfect grill. It is therefore important for buyers to consider these factors when they go out to buy their pellet grills:
- They are made of high quality materials e.g. stainless steel. In fact, stainless steel ranks the best material because it can hold up against both health and environmental conditions.
- They should come with lids i.e. rain lids
- The electric components that they come with should be weather resistant
- They should have a high-powered rugged auger
- Their replacement parts should be easily available
Top 10 pellet grills in the market
1. Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 Pellet Grill
The Traeger Pellet Lil’ Tex is an award winning pellet grill that has won the confidence of several grilling enthusiasts. People love it because it can work equally well as a smoker. Its features also add to its amazing qualities. For instance, it features an optional digital feeder control that allows a user to utilize both low and slow temperatures which in turn results in perfect food. Another amazing feature of the product is the fact that it uses small wood pellets.
2. Memphis Grills Pro 28-inch Pellet Grill On Cart
It is another state-of-the art grill that hardly misses in different markets. It features a high quality construction as well as versatile cooking abilities, a fact that enables users to grill almost everything that they can think of. It can hold temperatures down to 180 degrees F and it can also attain high temperatures of about 650 degree F. It is a grill that everyone should count on for perfect end-products.
3. Green Mountain Grill DBWF Daniel Boone Pellet Grill – Wifi Enabled
This pellet grill boasts of the ability to achieve excellent temperature controls. It also features a large capacity pellet hopper, a feature that gives users an easy time. It is one of the best choices of grilling experts today – thanks to its ability to trigger memories with a charcoal smell (Charcoal is recommended for slow and low cooking).
4. Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
This is an iconic grill that has been produced for the sake of those who find it challenging to light charcoal. With this grill, a gas ignition system has been provided to assist in lighting the charcoal. Therefore, with a simple push of a button, the charcoal will heat up and this means grilling should commence in few minutes. The grill is popularly identified as the charcoal kettle.
- Innovative heavy-duty Gourmet BBQ System
- It has an LCD countdown cook timer with a large readout
- 22-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
- Electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system
- Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system with removable, high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher
- Removable LCD cook timer and built-in lid thermometer
- Assembled dimensions are 43.5-inch by 48-inch by 30-inch
5. Big Green Egg Medium Mate
The name of this grill reads funny but the grill itself is a must-have product for every home owner. The ceramic charcoal oven is perfect for smoking, grilling and even baking foodstuffs such as pizza. It is one of the most popular grills because it can be used to cook different kinds of food –thanks to its ability to hold both low and high temperatures well. It is also large and this means it has a large cooking area.
6. Primo 778 Extra-Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Smoker Grill
Primo 778 Extra-Large Oval Ceramic Charcoal Smoker Grill is the only American-made ceramic grill across the world. It is a luxurious pellet grill that offers a whopping 400 inches of grilling space. With this grill, a user should be sure to enjoy easy smoking and grilling because of its divided firebox which makes it possible to have both direct and indirect grilling zones.
- It has unique oval design for more flexible and versatile grilling and smoking
- 400 square inches of standard cooking surface; up to 680 square inches with rack extensions
- Exterior features a premium-grade ceramic blend coated with a protective, lead-free, scratch-resistant porcelain glaze
- Highest quality ceramic for increased efficiency and durability
7. Char-Broil CB940X 08301390-26 Charcoal Grill
The Char-Broil CB940X charcoal grill has 540 square inches of cast iron cooking space. As the name suggests, it makes use of charcoal to carry out its functions. It is a big grill (provides 1152 inches of cooking surface) and therefore, it is ideal for slow cooking of large amounts of food. It is also well designed such that it is possible to control temperatures and carry out indirect grilling of different sizes of food. It is an ideal grill for those who wish to be the kings of grilling in their hoods. It has an adjustable height fire grate with a front access door for tending your coals, a removable ash pan for easy cleanup, two adjustable dampers so you can control the temperature of your cooking, professional temperature gauge, removable wooden side shelves that double as carving boards, bottom shelf for convenient storage, two heavy-duty wheels, and 2 locking casters..
8. Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Built-In Grill
This pellet grill is unique in its kind. It cooks with a combination of gas, wood and charcoal. It can also switch between different modes with ease. Another feature that a person will definitely like about this grill is that it is made of high quality materials thus it assures durability. The grill has different unique features that make it one of the most-loved pellet grills in the market.
9. Lodge L410 Pre-Seasoned Sportsman’s Charcoal Grill
Persons who value simplicity should always consider this charcoal grill. It is a robust grill that is made of cast iron. It is small, an attribute that makes it ideal for single users. Even though it is a simple item, buyers should always understand that it has a high heat retention capability.
Feature of product:
- Measures 19 by 10-1/4 by 8-1/4-inch
- 2 Adjustable heights temper cooking speed; wash by hand
- Draft door regulates heat; coals accessible behind flip-down door
- Cooking grate measures 17-1/4 by 9-inch; seasoned and ready to use
10. Traeger TFT17LLA PTG+ Wood Pellet Grill, Black (15-Inch)
The PTG is a wood pellet grill that is ideal for campers and individuals who like travelling. This is because it is a portable grill. Its grilling area measures 169 sq. inches. It weight 40 lbs and it has a depth of 17 inches. Its price is competitive as most stores sell it for less than $400.
There are plenty of pellet grills that a person can find in the market. What has been captured here is just but a portion of what is available. They list also comprises the award-winning items in the market that will never disappoint users. Before buying any of the products, it is advisable to confirm if the product meets a person’s requirements. In that case, aspects such as grilling space should never be ignored.